Saturday, December 26, 2009

My cat fell into some canola cooking oil, and I can't seem to get the oil out..his fur is very greasy.helpthx

Dawn is absolutely the best grease cutting agent. Use as little water as possible and then lather well; rinse thoroughly, avoiding cat's face as much as possible. Dry with a big soft towel and remember to keep the lid closed tightly on your cooking oil!My cat fell into some canola cooking oil, and I can't seem to get the oil out..his fur is very greasy.helpthx
wash the cat in original blue dawn dish soap this will help get the oil outMy cat fell into some canola cooking oil, and I can't seem to get the oil out..his fur is very greasy.helpthx
Flour. Then brush the clumps out. Then repeat and repeat and repeat. Kitty may like it better than under the faucet.
Remember that television commercial with the duck covered in oil?





I believe that was Dawn dishwashing liquid...





You could also shave the cat...
dawn dish soap is what vets use to remove oil from ducks and other aquatic animals after an oil spill. that might work just as well for cooking oil. Just don't get it in her eyes.
Cut off his hair.
use liquid ivory hand soap or dish detergent
well i was going to tell you to use dish soap but i think by now you have established that fact.. so uhh thx for the 2 points!!
Just sit there and laugh
no water - soap - then rinse with water to finish. Dawn dish soap works really well for stud tail in cats...
I know cats don't like water but...


Get him in a shower and rinse it all off. Possibly let him out when it rains if you have a closed backyard or...if your out of options....drop a pitcher of warm (not hot or cold) water on him in the bathtub. I wouldn't recommend that.


If none of those work, which they probably won't and I doubt your gonna wanna let your cat out in the rain, take him to a pet groomer or a place like PetCo....for a fee they will fix him right up.


And I realize I said him throughout the whole thing so my apologies if its a she.
Have you considered deep frying?
  • microsoft net framework
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment