Saturday, December 26, 2009

Cooking Oil For Dry Hair?

I was reading a magazine and it said for dry hair, just put cooking oil on the ends of your hair. I thought it must be a good idea, then someone told me I'd never get the oil out, no matter how much shampoo I used...


Should I anyway?Cooking Oil For Dry Hair?
No I wouldn't unless you want your pillows to get all greasy, and depending how long your hair is, you might get your blouse all greasy. I have wavy dry hair, and I am going to recommend you a shampoo that I have been using and it has worked for me. Its called AGUAGE hydrating shampoo with Sea Silk Therapy. Plus the conditioner. And once your hair starts drying I recommend you put in some Serum drops in your hair. I use Biologe Soothing Serum, this stuff is really concentrated so you only use 2-4 drops on your hair. This stuff works!!! It smoothes dry unruly hair. Its a 4 oz bottle, But it goes a long way. I only use it after I shower when my hair is damp dry. Then I use a thermal Straightener on my hair and it leaves it shiny and smooth. Good Luck! It will cost a bit, but all three are very concentrated and you only use a little and get a whole lot out of it. You can find this at Beauty Salons, or Stores for example, Peerless Beauty Supply Store. or if you have a friend with a Cosmetology License they can probably find this stuff for you..Cooking Oil For Dry Hair?
I'm assuming you're talking about natural oils like olive oil. Yes, they are hard to get out but they are a natural way to repair damaged hair and *seal in moisture* - they are NOT moisturizers in and of themselves. Whoever said you can never get it out lied to you - it's harder to get out but it won't stay in your hair for forever, lol. How you get it out depends on the shampoos you use and how many times you wash. I sometimes do hot oil treatments with olive oil before I shampoo and I have to shampoo twice to get it all out, but that depends on the shampoo, and with some shampoos I have to shampoo more. I use a cleansing conditioner called Wen and this gets the oil out of my hair after two washes. It's well worth the difficulty in trying to get it out because my hair's health has seen major improvement since doing hot oils every time I wash.





If dryness is a problem then find a good moisturizer. Oils seal in moisture, so, for instance, if your hair dries out during the day then adding a bit of oil to your hair seals in the moisturizer and keeps it moisturized longer. Depending on your hair type the oil might make your hair greasy; ethnic and coarse hair can handle oil better. If dryness is what you're having a problem with then you need to find a good moisturizer and not use an oil to try to moisturize.





There are different types of natural oils and some are lighter than others. I have pure and extra virgin olive oil, pure coconut oil, pure jojoba oil, and grapeseed oil. Grapeseed and olive oils are the heaviest of the bunch. Extra virgin olive oil and lighter than pure olive oil. Jojoba and coconut oils are light oils. If you use an oil then I suggest you use a light oil that won't weight down your hair and make it too oily.
Some people use oils but usually for ethnic hair or mayo but there are better products to use. Use good products not Pantene, Herbal Essence %26amp; Garnier they are silicone products. They make you hair nice at first but as the silicone builds up it locks out moisture your hair weakens %26amp; breaks. Use pro products they last longer because you use less so the extra expense is worth it. The shampoos don't contain a detergent lathering agent so it's weird at first because you are used to lather. Great specialty products are, Nioxxin, Joico K-Pak Reconstructor also Silk Results, Rusk has New Pro Elements Keratin. Nexxus has Humectruss %26amp; Keraphixx. Big Sexy has good general products. Take Biotin %26amp; Vitamin E.
NOOOO do not do that. Go to a salon and ask for a conditioner that is for your hair type

No comments:

Post a Comment