Saturday, December 26, 2009

How to politely ask a restaurant if they use natural cooking oils or partially hydrogenated oils?

even if u did ask, most of them probably wouldn't be able to answer. most people wouldn't know.How to politely ask a restaurant if they use natural cooking oils or partially hydrogenated oils?
Simply ask the waiter or waitress to inquire for you ...you may use the reason of health concerns. They are obligated to tell you.How to politely ask a restaurant if they use natural cooking oils or partially hydrogenated oils?
Call and ask ahead of time, otherwise the cook will probably spit on your meal.
The way you just asked it sounds good to me.
Just ask, the have a right to tell you what you are eating. Trust me, I've been a waitress for 8 years and I have had stranger questions.
Tell them before you order that you have an allergy to hydrogenated oil and need to know.The fear of a law suit will make them answer truthfully
Just ASK.





My Dad has severe MSG allergies. When they come to visit, I want to take them to my favorite restaurants. I emailed/called all of them and asked if they used or had any spices or ingredients which contained MSG.





Napa Valley Grill went through their entire kitchen and told me no, they don't.





The Stinkin' Rose gave me a BS answer.





La Petite Jardin's chef has an MSG allergy also, so they don't use it.





Metro Glatt confirmed that they don't have any.





I say all that to say, you are a loyal customer. Your health comes first, and the restaurant should respect that.
Why not just ask ';What type of cooking oil do you use--hydrogenated or non-hydrogenated?'; If the waiter doesn't know, ask if he would check with the cook. Better yet, call ahead and ask. It could save you some grief and time if the type of oil really matters.
I really don't find than an impolite question at all. I would call beforehand and speak to the head chef or manager. If they are hesistant say you are on a special diet. My mother does this quite often because she is gluten intolerant, and most restaurants have no problem with giving her the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment