Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Are either of these cooking oils good for your skin?

Are olive oil and corn oil good for your skin? If so, why? what are the benefits? if not, how does it harm? thanks! just curious!Are either of these cooking oils good for your skin?
Yes, olive oil is good for your skin but not the type you typically buy at the grocery store for cooking. You want to use an organic extra-virgin expelled-pressed olive oil. It is the purest form of the oil and is best for use on skin after cleansing. Otherwise, yes, you might get a little too oily in the areas that don't need it. In the winter months, I take a tablespoon a day of it internally as well. Doesn't taste bad to me so I have no problems there. It helps internally as well as externally taking it like that.





Corn oil...hmmm....you would need to take a hot shower/bath after applying it so what's the point there? That one is best kept in the kitchen! LOL!





Here are some links for you to check things out on and will even give you other ideas and uses for olive oil...my favorite is the salt scrub!! Be careful not to use it if you have just shaved or have cuts on your body anywhere!! OUCH!Are either of these cooking oils good for your skin?
Not sure about corn oil but I love using olive oil on my skin.If you mix it with sugar and use it in the shower it's a great exfoliant and moisturizer.I'd be careful if you have a tendancy to oily skin however.
They can clog your pores and cause pimples or pustules to erupt. Whoever said that COOKING oils were good for your skin deserves to be hit in the head with the bottle of cooking oil.
olive oil dear...virgin olive oil
I've herd that olive oil is very good for your skin and hair. I don't know why or the benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment