Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I was cooking and boiling oil splashed on my hand.?

Not a lot but there are like 4 spots about the size of a pencil eraser. I ran cold water on it. Is there anything else I should do (like put neosporin on it)?I was cooking and boiling oil splashed on my hand.?
Oil isn't soluble in water, so there might still be oil on your hand. Use some rubbing alcohol to swab the area with to make sure the oil is gone, residual heat can make the burns worse.


Then pat your hand dry and lightly bandage it with nonstick gauze. Don't put neosporin on it yet-- anything oily or greasy will trap the heat and can make the burn worse. Tomorrow you can start using neosporin to prevent infection, but don't put anything like that on a burn for at least 12 hours.I was cooking and boiling oil splashed on my hand.?
Yes. Disinfect the area with something like peroxide or alcohol first, then you can apply a LIGHTLY wrapped bandage of some sort after you apply the neosporin to prevent infections. Keep the bandage changed and the burns clean. Oh, tee hee, and for the next time, DON'T put any water on an oil burn. It can sometimes make it worse. Don't listen to all those people who will tell you to do something retarded like put butter on it either. That doesn't help one bit.
you did good by running cold water on it. neosporin would be great to allow your skin to heal faster.
cold water, or water at any temp is a no no for oil burns

No comments:

Post a Comment