Thursday, January 7, 2010

I just used cooking oil (spray 'pam' type stuff)?

after cleaning a bicycle and chain with dish soap/water. Then, I spayed the parts with the 'pam' oil and THE CHAIN. Is it okay? And is it okay on the chain ? Thanks.I just used cooking oil (spray 'pam' type stuff)?
That stuff will attract gnats and mosquitoes. Use proper chain lube. You can get it at a bike shop or hardware store. Wash chains with Gunk, not soap and water. Your chain will start rusting soon.I just used cooking oil (spray 'pam' type stuff)?
I'm sure it won't hurt anything, but an actual chain lube would be better.
It probably will not hurt the parts or the chain. Why don't you get a discarded can/plastic bottle of motor oil from the service station. There's always a drop or two left in the discarded can. Perfect for a bicycle. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment