Thursday, January 7, 2010

Anybody know how to get the oil out of eggplant when cooking melanzana or similar so it's not so greasy when f

Put it on some paper towel to drench the oil or just spray them with olive oil, or use a pastry brush with oil before cooking...Anybody know how to get the oil out of eggplant when cooking melanzana or similar so it's not so greasy when f
The secret is: do not fry the eggplants!





I either grill the eggplants whole, then peel and slice before assembly of the casserole.








Another method is to boil the eggplants whole, then peel and slice before mixing with the other ingredients.





I also save a lot of time by skipping one step: I do not salt and squeeze dry the eggplants.





Try these shortcuts. I've been doing them for years and no one suspects my secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment